All Hearts are dead except those with knowledge... All those with knowledge are asleep except those who perform good actions... All those who perform good actions are deceived except those with sincerity... And all those with sincerity are in a constant state of anxiety... [Imam Shafi'i]

Friday, June 17, 2005

Scary telemarketers...

Salams every1,

Let me share a scary experience with u (although some of u will know this already). Last Sunday I was terribly sik with the flu and I got a call from a telemarketer. The guy was indian and he was trying to sell me some holiday deal. He called b4 as well and I kept telling him 2 call and talk 2 my parents but betar mathai kichu dhuke na. He keeps calling and asking ME if i'm interested in the deal. I even sed no to him b4 and he calls again! Matha kharap hoye jay na?

And this time, beta ulta palta proshno jiggesh kore. He asks, "So what r u studying Sujana?", "What was the mark for that?", "wow, ur a genius, r u a human or what?" (ami ei betar flirting method dekhe hashte hashte faint korar obostha).
Then I told him, "look, I've spoken to my parents about this and they're not interested."
Then he asks, "Sujana, have u ever been to India?"
I sed "no, but im from near there"
Then beta kept talking abt india and hindi. And eventually started speaking 2 me in hindi.
Then he sed, "Sujana, do u no, u sound like Amisha Patel?" (thats an indian actress by the way) - amito eita shune hasthte hashte behosh, lol.
I told him, "i have a cold - my voice is weird now" and i went bak to the deal and told him 2 call bak wen my parents are home.
In the end, he's like, "So Sujana, do you want to continue talking with me?" (lamest pick up line ever!)
I just sed, "No, thats ok, i'm fine thank you, Bye" And hung up, lol.

Sorry, that was so hillarious. I told ammu about it afterwards and she was like, "I know i can trust u ishita, tumi onno onek meyeder moto oi polar loge flirt marba na", Ok she didnt say it like that, i'm just making it sound more ancholic bangla :)

Well, hehe, just felt like sharing that.

4 Comments:

Blogger Aaisha said...

Welcome Jannah apu! I'm so happy ur here, wow! Alhamdulillah! Keep commenting. I want to see you here more often :P

3:21 pm

 
Blogger flynn.t said...

Ishi, how rude of you! Introduce us to your "heavenly" friend...ok- bad pun, lame joke- ignore that.

I'm Flynn, by the way. And I shall take it upon myself to welcome you to Fish-for-Brain's blog (heh...only kidding, Ishi).

9:38 pm

 
Blogger Aaisha said...

Ok Ok, if u insist, Jannah apu, that was Flynn... As u can see, she's filled witn lame jokes and likes to entertain others with her intellectual chatter *ahem ahem*.

11:00 am

 
Blogger flynn.t said...

Haha- I'm the one with the lame jokes, when the only "hard" word you came up with is "intellectual"??!

Be nice to those who are nice to you... oh, wait- I guess that rules me out. Hmm...just be nice!

11:37 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home