All Hearts are dead except those with knowledge... All those with knowledge are asleep except those who perform good actions... All those who perform good actions are deceived except those with sincerity... And all those with sincerity are in a constant state of anxiety... [Imam Shafi'i]

Friday, June 24, 2005

My utterly boring life...

Salam salam fellow bloggers,

Just when u thought it was over and couldnt get worse, guess what happened, yes, my life got boringer (thats not even a word)! Same monotonous life. Man I need a holiday! Dont u guys ever feel like u just need to run away from everything for a while and just enjoy nature. Sounds weird coming from me I know, but thats what I feel like so often.

Acha, I'll let u guys know about the highlights of my life:
  • I work now, yay! And I love my workplace and my work alhamdulillah. But some of the people I call are so bad - no sense of charity at all! The stingy doctors are the worst!
  • I told abbu off the other day for backstabbing religious ppl! That felt so good! hehe, I felt older and grown up. Like a lot of people i know, my dad loves to criticize relgious ppl. I find it sickening to tell u the truth. People shud fix themselves first so they can criticize others. And yes, like every1 else, some religious people have flaws. But people love to point that out only when its the case with religious ppl. I told abbu that "look, if ur criticizing sum1 for not bein religious, then by backstabbing ur even worse than them, so u really shouldnt be talking like that!". And then they stopped. Yay, I felt so happy alhamdulillah.
  • Went to Liverpool with ammu. She's such a kid! She kept whinging in the train coz she didnt like where i chose to sit, so we had to change seats. Then she kept whinging coz she wanned me 2 sit right next to her. We got lost in Liverpool hospital! Apparently to ammu, me getting a job is a sign that i'm a grown up now. She sed that because she doesnt see me at home for dinner sometimes, she gets a feel that i wont be living with them all the time, HAHAHAHA! Bengali parents, have to link everything to biye in the end!
  • Watched star wars: episode 1 - to tell u the truth, its nothing that good. It's OK, but the way ppl make such a big deal about it, it's not worth all that. LOTR, on the other hand, was a masterpiece!
  • Watched LOST last nite. It's getting good, eh? U wanna no a secret about what happens ina few more episodes near the end of the season? One of the main characters die! Sorry to be such a spoilsport, but hehe, just wanned to let u's know (esp. Ash!).

No more 2day. Life goes on, each and everyday, its the same process. But to brighten things up, u hafta make the moves. So insha Allah these holidays I want to plab lots of things. And a lot of ways to increase my imaan and keep it high coz honestly, uni is the worst place to keep ur iman high, even with all the muslim societies and all (thats what I find) because there are so many different types of Muslims there and u end up more confused that learned.

Acha, ppl, I shall leave now. The main reason i rote this msg up is coz of flynn's complaints of the songs getting old! So even if u found this post absolutely boring, blame Flynn!

5 Comments:

Blogger flynn.t said...

Why must you use Flynn as your scape goat??

Well, mundane existences are the worst! I completely agree, but sometimes, it's better to have the luxury of being able to say "I have absolutely nothing to do!" Well, that's my humble opinion, at any rate. Glad you like work- it's a good sign. And keep up the planning, but just ensure you end up doing some of those things you've been planning for, esp our REUNION!

8:09 pm

 
Blogger »|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

hey don't complain about a boring life, its the commonality that binds us us together! If you had a super-exciting life, you probably wouldn't be our friend.

10:06 pm

 
Blogger »|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

I'll never understand why ashes is in love with LOTR. Btw, I came across thic blog template which had a LOTR theme.

11:35 am

 
Blogger Aaisha said...

Hey, dont diss LOTR. It's the best set of films ever made! And it deserves every single one of the oscars they won!

hehe, ya, my days are boring ppl. And dont worry, even if I had a super exciting life, I'd still b ur frends =P

12:23 pm

 
Blogger »|m|u|n|i|r|a|« said...

nice new look!

1:36 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home