All Hearts are dead except those with knowledge... All those with knowledge are asleep except those who perform good actions... All those who perform good actions are deceived except those with sincerity... And all those with sincerity are in a constant state of anxiety... [Imam Shafi'i]

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Death & Dying

Salam pplz,

After a whole month of practically all my family members at hospital i really needed a spiritual boost and Allah has been kind enough to give it to me today. I must mention beforehand, i'm not like most people who praise Allah (SWT) in sad moments and forget Him in happy moments. I'm complete opposite to that, well, not completely. I find it easier to turn to Allah when i'm happy, i can even cry a lot then because i'm so happy with the blessings I have, but when i'm facing a calamity, i get so lost and confused, i 4get what i'm doing, i become very self-absorbed...

So last week was very bad 4 me, even though it was IAW at uni, i didnt wanna spend any time there. All i wanned to do is wander, to where - i dont know, when - i dont know, how - i dont know, i felt so lost. I just needed some time out, or i thought. But after today I realise what i was lacking. I was lacking spiritual awakening. Subhanallah, I becamse so ignorant of Allah (SWT) and I know thats the case when I start doing things i usually wouldnt do, little things that build up to big things. Anyway, today insha Allah (and alhamdulillah) i overcame that, mainly due to the Daar Aisha 1 day course on Death and Dying. To those who didnt go, let me tell you, u missed one of the most thought-provoking talks ever!

I took notes of the session and some of the things we learnt were so amazing! If anyone wants to read it lemme no and i'll type it up and email u insha Allah. It's well worth a read, i went teary through most of the talk. Ami mon theke dua kori for the sister who ran the course that Allah (SWT) grants her and her family peace in this world and peace in the next insha Allah. Ameen.

1 Comments:

Blogger eccentric_human said...

Salam iishii.. tumi ekhono chalai jaccho.. bhaloi laglo..
these days i lost the intention to blog.. and i feel its kinda boring.

well, i m the one who wants a copy of the lecture.. i really need sum spiritual awakening.. i was feeling jealous of u when i read abt ur speech.. mA u kiddos r doin great...:D

keep it up.. n plzzzzzzzzzzz pray for me..

can u do me one favor? k i will ask u when u mail me.

1:18 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home